So scarce

HAT.TEACHER
As a young teacher a few years back, I approached my mentor about how to deal with 'all that teaching drama'.  She responded with something that I still think back to every week.  In short, she said, "I have so much to focus on with God's will for my life that I rarely give myself moments to dwell on those little matters.  My children are surrounded daily with the darkness of this world; I need to find a way to point them to the light so they don't get lost."  Truly, there is more at stake than my the little decisions we make every day about career, friends, finances, or even family.  At the end of the day, what does the world need of us all?  Merely to focus on what matters the most; bringing unconditional love back into the world and maintaining it with constant vigilance.



HAT.VOCALIST
That being said, I learned today that one of my dear co-workers had been sexually harassed.  On top of that, she was not receiving the support she needed, even after speaking in depth with HR. This is what we are missing out in the world, folks.  God needs us giving our hearts out to these pains.  Singing so we can heal, one long sighing breath at a time.  Bringing joy where it is so scarce.




Comments

Popular Posts