Stories in new ways

HAT.MENAGE.A.TROIS
Multiple hats require the approach of the hydra.  Be ready for the decapitation and be open to whatever grows out next.  Accept the monster that you are, and go kick some sight-singing, vocal artistry butt.  The world needs some hydra-fused love to get back to normalcy.

Those long hallways are my perfect place for brains-storming.  With a good 50 paces, I continue working on programming a fantastic song for an upcoming concert, (Mendelssohn's "A Midsummer's Night Dream" arr. Emily Crocker) and determining how we're going to budget for our upcoming OC Musique! class.  You can never have enough hallway.




My favorite movment is XI. E non fu il piano suo <and his weeping>


You can also never have enough of Lagrime!  I have never fan-girled harder than for the one and only Orlado di Lasso and the LA Master Chorale.  As a choir junkie, I could not believe the incredible Renaissance artistry being brought to life through minimalist moment.  As a teacher, my whole approach to how students could represent music on stage was instantly upgraded.  As a Christian, I was stuck by the way Peter's message carried throughout a stunned audience.  I swear, not even in the time of Lasso did people ever listen so intently to a non-stop 50-minute span of Renaissance polyphony.  LAMC is bringing the show back again (YAY!) as a gala (noooo) so if you have the $$ and time, I would highly highly recommend seeing this!

After all, what we do best as vocalists is carry on the best, most important stories in new ways.  




Comments

Popular Posts